blog layouit

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beau's 1st Bday and Update

This past weekend we went to Midland to celebrate Beau's 1st birthday. Beau and Crew are exactly 1 week apart- so fun! We sure wished we still lived close to them so we could have playdates! The party was a dumptruck/construction theme and Jodi did a WONDERFUL job on all the decorations! The birthday boy got a blue car from his parents and it was for sure the HIT of the party! All the kids loved riding it and pushing it around! Thanks Steve and Jodi for inviting us to celebrate such a big milestone!

On a side note, on the way home on Sunday I started getting shooting pain in my abdomen again. I did't sleep much Sunday night and I called my dr in Frisco Monday morning. They squeezed me into their schedule and I got some bloodwork done. I was called Tuesday afternoon that yes, I have Pancreatitus AGAIN (for the 3rd time!). According to my dr I could be a case for Mayo clinic! I am now in the same hospital in Plano working with my same dr. It is such a blessing how the timing worked out. Since I am such a rare case, it would have been really hard to start over with a new dr in Austin who does not know anything about my past history.
I had my gallbladder out in March so what is causing this? I am on another medicine and it has a 1% chance of pancreatitus- well you guessed it, thats how I got it! I'm the 1% side effect! So I am here in the hospital- no food, water, anything by mouth- on IV's again. Let's just hope its not for 2-1/2 weeks this time! And, Crew's bday celebration was supposed to be on Saturday, so for now, it is postponed until I get out of the hospital!

Here are some party pics from the weekend!


Beautiful flowers and dumptruck tablecloths!

Sign for Candy Bar


Yum Yum!


Beau's adorable 1 year pics in dumptruck frames!


Chick Fil A Lemonade (the BEST), and iced tea


Yummy amaretto cupcakes and appetizers


Lets look at books!


Look how tall I am!?!


Looking out the window-
Crew, Beau, and Emma


Beau and all his gifts/toys!
And of course the HIT of the party- the blue car


Beau, let me help you with these new toys, ha!



Vroom Vroom... Let me show you how this works!


Birthday boy in his "cake eating attire"


Birthday Boy eating his yummy cupcake!


Crew even tried some cupcake too! Think he liked it? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment