blog layouit

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cake Smashin'

After this I finally think I am caught up on blogging! Before Crew's birthday we had his 1 year pictures taken so we could display them at the party. I really wanted to get some pictures of him smashing the cake, so they let me bring a cake to the studio. I had it all planned out, cake, balloons, outfit, planned the time right after Crew's naptime, etc... So I thought! Each 3 months we take pictures it gets harder and harder! It started pouring rain outside right when we were headed in. Imagine a mom with a wagon, cake, balloons, baby, diaper bag in the pouring ran- not a pretty sight! Ha! So we got there, took a few pictures in the blue/white outfit and then Crew fell and that was the end of that. Non stop screaming! So not like him. The sweet photographers let us go get some dinner to see if that calmed him down. NOPE- still upset! So, I put him in the car, drove to Brett's work and picked him up. Crew slept the whole way there and back. Just what he needed a NAP!! So, once we got back to the studio he was as happy as could be! We took all the cake pictures and they turned out wonderful! Crew had cake in his toes, all over his face, under fingernails! Ha! He LOVED it and had so much fun! I even signed a waver at the studio that they could use these pictures for marketing! =) I also have a cute bday collage hanging in my living room now and I LOVE it! Completes our 1 year of photos! Thank goodness we are not taking anymore professional pictures until 2 years old! (well, that may change until Christmas comes around-ha!) But all in all, the pictures turned out great if you want to check them out!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy day! We are doing some family pictures Nov. 11th and I'm just praying that Ardyn cooperates!! I want to see Crew's pics but I think we need a password...

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! i think it needs a password.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, ok try it now! I put a new link..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super CUte Kim!! What a PErfect little guy you have and he looks just like Brett! I love the cake pictures, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute, I just want to eat him up! He looks like a model in all of his photos..he must get it from his mama :)

    ReplyDelete