blog layouit

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rodeo Time!

On Tuesday morning I was checking my email and Crew came in to try to help. He tried closing the computer screen and I tried to open it and it cracked. (FYI- not the best thing to fix on a computer, $450, yikes!) So, I decided it was time for us to get out of the house. We took a road trip to Katy for the night to see my parents.

It was such a nice day on Wednesday we took Crew to the annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I don't think I have been to the rodeo since I was in high school, and boy was it fun! They had so many different activities for kids. Crew loved the petting zoo, pony rides, looking at all the animals, and even learning how to farm. We had a wonderful day, enjoyed some good bbq, and our little cowboy was so tuckered out from all the fun, he went right to sleep as we were walking to the car. Wish Brett could have been there with us too, but I don't think we could bear the HUGE crowds on the weekend with a toddler and a stroller.
*On a side note, Crew's shirt and boots were both Brett's when was little. They fit Cowboy Crew perfectly- so neat that he can wear them!

Our little cowboy ready for the rodeo.


Petting zoo animals.


Llamas
(Crew liked to put the sawdust in their fur)


Don't ask me what animal this is?
Ideas?

This is FUN!!


"Hank" the pig taking a nap.


Papa waited in line for 45 minutes for Crew to ride the pony.
(Thanks dad!)

Crew LOVED the pony ride! He smiled and giggled the whole time!
(I took off his boots, yep, a cowboy riding in his socks.
I was afraid the boots would fall off when he was riding.)


Ride 'Em Cowboy!!


Crew didn't want to get off the pony, he liked the ride waaay too much!


Farming


The farmer explaining to Crew how to plant the onion seed.

Diggin' a hole for the seed.

Every seed needs a little water.


Learning how to milk a cow.


A BIG tractor!

Grammy and Papa with Crew
(he wants to get down and WALK, does not like being held, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment