blog layouit

Friday, March 23, 2012

Austin Zoo

The weather in Austin has just been amazing! I decided we needed to do something outside to enjoy it, so Crew and I went to the zoo yesterday. The Austin Zoo is very different than any other zoo to say the least. It's very very small, not any paved sidewalks, parking lots, etc. Most of the animals are rescues, and they only have a few main exhibits. It is settled in the middle of the hill country to definitely gives a "wildlife" sort of feel. They have animals just walking around not in cages- peacocks, ducks, chickens roosters. If you know me, you know I am not really a fan of any of those, especially not in a cage. I guess my childhood side comes out and I still feel like they are "going to get me!" Well...apparently Crew inherited my gene... I decided to pick up some Chick Fil A and bring it out there so we could eat lunch (you can bring in food). We were almost finished when a group of chickens came over to join us. I started to panic but was trying to remain calm for Crew and continued eating. I held up the last of Crew's nugget and a chicken jumped up and ate it- directly from my hand. I screamed so loud, and Crew got so scared he was STANDING on the picnic table yelling "chickens get Crew" over and over and over! Poor thing! So, needless to say, that is the last time we will be bringing lunch to the zoo again.
But after the initial trauma he really enjoyed seeing all the animals. It was all he talked about ALL day long yesterday. He kept telling me his favorite animal was the GOATS, my guess is because he got to feed them? We had a fun day and will definitely go back again soon!


On the way there the Oak Hill fire department had their truck out with the huge ladder extended. We stopped to watch them for a few minutes and Crew LOVED it!


Ready for a train ride.

A BIG turtle.


Crew loved the tigers, he kept talking to them saying "how ya doin' tigers?"
And also saying, "Tigers need shampoo to take a bath."

Sleeping Lions

Quack Quack!

Feeding a Llama.

His favorite- feeding the goats!

And also feeding deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment