blog layouit

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Scary...

On Saturday night I was turning off our front porch light when I noticed a car parked in front of our house. Their brights were in and they were taking pictures with their iPhone. At first I was suspicious, thinking they were taking pics of our house, only to notice a second later there was a huge SNAKE right at the end if our driveway. I screamed and sent Brett out to take a look. Since it was dark he wanted me to hold the flashlight- sorry but I'm not getting anywhere NEAR a snake! Brett threw a brick and knocked it out. We text our neighbors and they came out to help too. While the wife and I were standing way way back, the husbands killed the HUGE- 3 foot long COPPERHEAD snake!! Ewwwww!!
I know we live in the hill country, and our house backs up to a green let and a canyon- but really??? It's kinda something you hope you will NEVER see!!

Well, Brett put the dead snake in a bag and showed Crew the next morning so he knows what to look out for. Our neighbor showed his kids as well as all the kids on the street- so I think it made a big impact. Crew cried seeing it the second time and he keeps saying, "snakes are bad- run away!"
Glad we got this one and got to educate the kids. I took Bella to get the rattlesnake vaccine yesterday- that's all they have, but we figured better than nothing. Glad mr copperhead is gone- and if we see any other snakes they better watch out- a little TOO close for comfort!!

(sorry for the graphic images- now at least u know what to look for in case you see a copperhead)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm cringing! This is so scary! I can just imagine how grossed out you must have been...eek!!

    ReplyDelete