blog layouit

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baby Signing

http://images.meredith.com/parents/images/2010/06/p_ParentsJul10.jpg

Ok, so first off, for all you mom's out there who do not get "Parents" magazine- it is a definite MUST! I'm telling you, everytime I read it I learn something new on how to be a better parent/mother, things I need to be helping Crew with, etc. (This may have to be the new shower gift for moms-to-be! Hint Hint!) But as I was reading my new issue, I came across a section on baby signing. I always heard about sign language for babies, but I never realized how important it was. Here is a quote from my magazine..

"Babies who communicate through sign language before they can speak learn to talk earlier, score higher on intelligence tests, develop a larger vocabulary, display more self-confidence, and engage in more sophisticated play compared with their non-signing peers, according to numerous studies."

Ok, so I am hooked now!!! After I read this I got online and looked up some common baby signs. We tried it all tonight-so we will see how long it takes Crew to pick it up! Hope this helps some of you moms out there. If you have any tips let me know! =)

http://www.parents.com/baby/development/sign-language/whats-your-sign/?ordersrc=rdparents0291

P.S.- Aunt Mary, I may be calling you for some help!
(She is a sign language teacher- what an amazing gift to communicate with the deaf!)

No comments:

Post a Comment