blog layouit

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pancreatitus and Prayer

Well you guessed it, I am STILL in the hospital. I got out 2 saturdays ago- just in time to celerbate Crew's 1st bday! (I will post pics soon!) I felt fine, so we headed back to Austin on Sunday morning. Monday I started getting shooting pain in my abdomen again and went a saw in dr in Austin. Ok, bad choice- this dr was telling me to stay at home and eat whatever I want and just rest. Anyone who has had pancreatitus knows this is a big NO NO. Brett and I just didn't feel comfortable with the dr or the care we were given, so wednesday we drove back to Dallas and I as admitted yet again. This has been the roughest go around yet. The dr thinks this is from the same pancreatitus episode as last week, I just wasn't completly over it! I pretty much complelty rely on constant pain meds to make it through. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful texts, message, flowers, notes, etc. I know that the Lord is healing me from the inside out and this just takes some time. Please pray for knowledge of the drs to figure out how to treat me and my crazy case, for the pain to decrease, and for me to be able to eat again.

God has taught me a major lesson through all this, I sure do take my health forgranted. There are people who wake up in constant pain everday just trying to push through it to smile, sit up, walk around, or even hug the ones they love. This is all just normal to me so I didn't think much about it until you can't do those things. I have not been able to see Crew in 2 days (since I have had a fever), and it just makes me want to hug and kiss him non-stop! I just take my time with him forgranted! And my sweet husband has been by my side constantly through this while episode. One nurse made a comment no how sincere his love was - "in sickness and in health"- wow, I truely am blessed! And our parents, Brett and I can rest peacefully at night knowing that Crew is in the loving arms of his Grammy and Grancie! My dad also left an assignment in Lousiana today to be here by my side and help with Crew. Jeff came in this weekend to help with Crew, and John stopped on his way to Lubbock to give me a get well hug!

Lord thank you for such wonderful family, friends, and blessings! Please continue to heal me from the inside out and continue to put my trust in your healing power. Pray also for those who suffer and are in constant pain. May they find relief in your healing touch!

3 comments:

  1. Kim,

    Brett and I are keeping you in our prayers constantly! We are thinking of you and the whole fam! I hate that you are in pain!! :(. Get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim your are in our prayers as well. Can't believe you're going through this. Love you & miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I am so sad to hear that you are back in hospital again! You are on my prayer request and
    can't help but think with all the prayers coming your way, surely things will turn around! Hopefully, sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete