blog layouit

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Happy 4 Year Anniversary!!!
4 years ago today!

Our anniversary celebration (papa was taking this pic) but he was here too!

Our family 4 years later!


Yum- Wish I could have tried this!=)


My mother in law made this adorable sign!


Crew had fun!

Four years ago today I married my best friend, and it has been a dream living our happily ever after! We welcomed our sweet son into the world last year, and this been a crazy year of trying our hardest to be the best parents we can be! Brett has been my side through thick and thin, through sickness and health (rough hospital stays), through adventures we didn't think possible (selling our house in 2 weeks and moving to Austin), and just through daily life! I couldn't have made it without him!!!
I am still in the hopsital, but lets just talk one minute about the power of prayer! I can feel all the power radiating from my prayer warriors! I know I could never have gotten to where I am without all of you! The last week has been really really rough, but my dr started me on steroids yesterday. It was a miracle in action- I got those steriods (IV drip) and not 30 minutes later I was up walking around (Side note- I hadn't been up in about 4 days and couldn't even walk 1/2 this floor)!! I got the second dose of steroids in the middle of the night and my dr came in this morning- my pancreatic enzymes were 60!!!! (60 is normal- mine were 700 when I got here). WHAT?? My dr is in complete shock, saying I am the craziest case he has ever seen. This may mean a trip to Mayo Clinic is in the works sometime! But, for now I started clear liquids, broth, jello and popsicles this afternoon and feel great! Lets just say with no food in over 3 weeks its a big step!!! What a huge anniversary present!!!

Our parents (and Brett's sweet Aunt Sandy) came up to visit tonight and we went down to eat dinner. We walked into the kitched at the hospital with a beautiful bouquest of happy Anniversary Balloons, and adorable sign, black and white checked tablecloths, and a huge table filled with Brett's favorite (since I can't eat)- good ol Rudy's BBQ. They also went to Zoe's and got his other favorite- Greek Salad! We had a wonderful dinner followed by a cookie cake for dessert! What a wonderful anniversay present- the perfect suprise! And lets just say, our parents are the absolute greatest in the world! There is no way we could have made it through this whole situation without Grancie and Grammy and Papa! Thank you all for being such an inspiration and help in our life, we love you!!!
P.S.- Sorry the post is AFTER my pics- my comp wont let me cut and paste in blogger- any suggestions?













4 comments:

  1. Kim-
    I'm so sorry you have been so sick-
    Hope you recover soon! Praying for you-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I'm glad you were able to celebrate your anniversary even while in the hospital. I'm so happy that you are feeling the power of all these prayers, I have been thinking about you and praying for you so much. Talk to you soon!! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you since I do remember you got married on Labor day weekend. So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Ugh! Know that we are praying for you and please let me know if there is ANYTHING you need. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! I am SO happy to hear you are taking a turn for the better. Thinking & praying for you always!! XO

    ReplyDelete