blog layouit

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Toe Shoe's & Tutu's!

This past weekend I helped host a baby shower for my dear friend Kate. Kate and her husband Sie are expecting a baby girl, Helen Olivia in a few months. Once we found out it was a girl, PINK it was! We were trying to come up with a theme/inspiration for the shower and all that kept coming to my mind was "toe shoes and tutu's." Kate and I have been friends since elementary school and all through our lives it was dance dance dance! She would ride the bus home with me and my mom would take us to dance once/twice a week for as long as I could remember! Once we reached high school it was more dance- drill team! And in college, lets just say our dance skills helped us with a few rush skits and some fun date parties! Ha!

So, I decided the theme of the shower had to be "Toe Shoes and Tutu's" and it was definetly PINK! I helped with most of the decorations and had so much fun making tutu's and coming up with ideas! We never could have pulled it all together without all 8 wonderful hostesses and all their help!

I think the "glowing" mother really enjoyed the day- and we enjoyed getting to spoil her too!=)
Can't wait to meet sweet baby Helen!
(We only need one more thing- for the Soheili's to move back to Texas- we miss YOU!)
Invitation and all printables custom designed by mother in my law, Nancy Carson,
at the Workshop on Sugar Ridge.
















Kate's grandpa made this cradle and she slept in it as a baby.


























Guests wrote advice for Kate, Sie, & baby Helen on little
"tutu's" with Helen's initials.
We tied the "tutu's" together and gave Kate a nice book to take home.


Favors- monogrammed sugar cookies!


Raspberry pink pearl punch!


Straws with Helen's name on them





"French 75's" in "tutu" champagne glasses








We served Cha Cha Chicken Salad, Pasta Salad, Fruit Kabobs, Garden Green Salad,
Spinach dip/veggies, and cheese and crakers for lunch.








Kate's grandmother pinning on her corsage.
Isn't she just GLOWING, such a beautiful mommy to be!




Kate and her mom!

Kate and her grandmothers and mom!


Tha family!

Love this girl!

All the WONDEFUL hostesses!
(Donna Lowther also helped but had to leave before this pic!)
Me, Tammy McKenney, Barbara Sikes, Amy Kummer, Bonnie Houston, Amanda Cleghorn, Bonnie Cleghorn.

1 comment:

  1. Kim - the shower was beautiful! I'm sorry I
    missed it.

    You really need to get in to business with
    your party decor!
    =)

    ReplyDelete