blog layouit

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Celebrating 2011!

Well its 2011! Where has 2010 gone? The biggest thing that happened for the Carson family in 2010 was that we found out we were moving, put our house on the market- sold it in 2 weeks, and made the big move to Austin. The other big change was that I decided to stay at home with Crew once we moved and Brett got a new job. The year has just flown by and we are amazed at how God can change your life in the blink of a second! I am so happy that I am feeling better since 2010 was a very rough year for my health (2 different 2-1/2 week hospital stays and my gallbladder taken out!) But, I pray that I am on the uphill. We are wondering what 2011 will have in store for our family? Our main joy is watching Crew grow and change each and every day!

We had been traveling for over a week for Christmas and decided it would be best to stay in Austin for New Years. (Although, I know we missed out on two big parties with our friends in Dallas- so sorry we couldn't be there!) We had the Naizers over for a night of family fun and celebration! We had 4 kids under the age of 5 so our house was a little crazy but it was WONDERFUL! The kids enjoyed a nice mac and cheese, chicken nugget dinner- while Brett cooked up some good steaks for the adults. The kids LOVED playing with my karaoke machine from college- yes I still have it! I forgot how fun this was-as I was packing it up Brett and I had a little American Idol singing session ourselves! We also had a silly string fight to top off the night.

On New Years day we took Crew to play a Zilker Park and then went to the Sikes Lakehouse. We enjoyed a day of football watching and eating some black eyed peas and cornbread! It was so wonderful catching up with the Sikes (and Kummer) family and of course, oohing and ahhing over adorable baby Preston- what a cutie! Crew and Preston will be running around playing together before you know it! And, we had extra fun getting to see and catch up with Abby too. What a great start to 2011! I sure hope its a year full of blessings, good health, and many new adventures! Cheers!



Centerpiece

Placesetting
(my china is in storage so we improvised..)


Kids and adults cups- cheers!



Tyl, Lathan, Crew, and Kinley eating dinner



Ty and Crew helping clean up and loading the dishwasher


Karaoke Party!


Silly String Fight!


Amy and Preston!

1 comment:

  1. Kim--

    Such cute pics! You really need to get a store
    on Etsy for all your creative party goods!!

    Happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete