blog layouit

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Happy Happy Easter! Our Easter weekend turned out a little different than we had planned. Last Tuesday afternoon I started getting shooting pains in my abdomen again. I could barely stand up on Wednesday to finish the walk through of our new house, so I called my doctor. I went in that afternoon to get blood work done. I went back on Thursday to find out I did NOT have pancreatitus again (thank the Lord), but rather spasms. Well these spasms hurt just as much as pancreatitus, but the good thing is you can eat and you don't have to be in the hospital (another praise). My Dr put me on a new medication but I didn't really feel 100% percent until yesterday.

Our original plans were to go to Dallas and Houston to celebrate Easter with both our families for the long weekend. Since my spasms were caused by stress, we thought it would be best to stay in town since we are moving Thursday and have a lot to get done here. This was the first year that we have not been at either/both sides of the family for a holiday. We sure missed seeing everyone.

Since are plans had changed, we still wanted to try to make Easter as special for Crew as we could. Friday afternoon we went to meet the Easter Bunny at Central Market- Crew was definitely not a fan! He screamed...which is so not like him, but I guess if I was his age, this bunny probably would have scared me too! We ate outside on the big deck there, and have a wonderful playground that Crew absolutely loved. Saturday we relaxed, did some packing, and yard work.

On Sunday we went to a beautiful Easter service at our church, and then went to Easter Brunch at Soleil. Soleil is a wonderful new restaurant right next to the Oasis. We hadn't been out there since last summer and we couldn't believe what all they had done! There are three new restaurants that all over look the lake, shops, and a parking garage. It's now its own city! We ate our brunch while enjoying the views of the hill country and beautiful Lake Travis.
When we got home Crew went on an egg hunt. He had been practicing this week, and it paid off, ha! Crew was running around the yard finding all the eggs and loved putting them in his basket. He has been hiding them and finding them today too, ha!

I'm so thankful to God that I did not have to spend Easter in the hospital! We truly missed being able to spend this great holiday with both our families. Thank you so much parents for understanding our change of plans, our Easter wasn't the same without you and the rest our families.
Thank you Jesus for the reason for the season- Christ is Risen...Christ is Risen Indeed!





Not a fan of the Easter Bunny.



Bunny handing out treats.




Slides are fun!





Happy Boy!












Getting dirty- helping daddy plant some flowers.




Waking up Easter morning, he couldn't wait to see if the Bunny came!




Easter Basket



Beachball and bubble gun were his favorite toys from the Bunny.




Easter Brunch at Soleil







Crew enjoyoing the view





View from our table-beautiful Lake Travis



Putting some eggs in his basket



Found one!



I found another egg!




1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you had more pain! Glad u didnt go to the hospital either, gosh! Will that ever go away? Cute pictures of Crew with hunting eggs! Happy late Easter & Happy Moving!

    ReplyDelete