blog layouit

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Mother's Day took a whole new meaning once I became a mom. I truly experienced a deeper love that can't even be explained. What an amazing blessing from God! Brett and I are truly blessed to both have such wonderful loving mothers who shaped us into the people we are today. Thank you moms for all you do for us always, we love you!

Well, we moved about a week and half ago and things have been crazy since then. We LOVE our new home. Our favorite is just sitting out on the patio enjoying the beautiful view! We are still unpacking and getting everything organized. (I've learned that this process is never-ending). I am thankful for my roommate from college who has amazing decorating/house staging ideas who i coming to help me get all the details together in a few weeks.
I think Crew was a little confused the first night here. He cried in his bed at night which he never does. The next day I decided to unpack his playroom, and he squealed with excitement with each box I opened. He definitely was more excited to realize that the TV still plays Barney, and all his toys made the big move too. We have already had visitors come by and we LOVE it! Come visit us if you are in Austin!

With all the craziness we decided to stay here this year for Mother's Day. We went to church in the morning, and when we picked up Crew the nursery teacher said "I need to talk to you." Well, with our crazy Crew I thought, oh no, what did he do now? But no, poor little boy was a teething toy for a little girl. She bit him on his arm. I'm not talking little bit, this was the raised up, you could see everyone of the little girl's teeth bite. Poor little thing, he was a tough guy, and didn't let it slow him down a bit. Brett was thinking we should put him in long sleeves, maybe metal cuffs next weekend, ha!
We enjoyed a nice lunch right on beautiful Lake Travis. We found this amazing restaurant right on the lake, I think its a little treasure, and boy was it amazing! I then spent the day at the salon getting my hair done. Uncle John was on his way home from college and stayed with us for a few days. We are excited he will be in Houston this summer. The boys cooked an amazing dinner! Yum Yum!=)

Ok, so those of you how aren't moms may think my gift is crazy, but it is the best thing ever! I got a SHARK! (No, not the animal, the steam mop.) You put water in the reservoir, plug it in and go! Its sanitizes and kills 99.9% of germs on your hard surface floors. With a dog and Crew, I feel like it is hard to keep tile looking good. It took me about 5 minutes to clean our whole downstairs which is all tile. Yea, def AMAZING!! Anything that saves time is worth the money! I think Crew may have liked it a little more than me, all he wanted to do was clean. Thanks Brett & Crew for a wonderful Mother's Day.




Brett and I (and Crew in my belly) with our moms.

This was the day I became a MOM- 8/21/09


Yea, a shark!



This is FUN



I can use this thing too.



Watch me go, go, go.



Crew and Uncle John at Salt Lick BBQ yesterday.



Cutie!


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the new pic of you guys at the top - beautiful family pic. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

    ReplyDelete